Thread: Back in Germany
View Single Post
Old 3rd October 2019, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc4332 View Post
I'm in Germany again.
Beginning of August we gathered here for the German Audi Freunde Annual Meet which has been reported in other threads.
This trip is for completely different reasons. I have a nephew from Glasgow who won Stars in Your Eyes in 2000 saying "Tonight Mathew, I am Freddie Mercury". Since then he has formed a group called "The Works" and they tour the World with a gig called "OneNightOfQueen". Try googling it, especially if you are into Queen. They are currentlt touring Germany.
I left home at 00:10 Monday morning, caught the 06:20 train off Folkestone. Went the usual route through France, Belgium and Holland into Germany but deviated slightly to visit a Model Railway shop in Kaarst near Dusseldorf. I had a new locomotive to collect.
I promised myself that I would drive like a responsible old man but I have to admit that I did manage to lose the plot and found myself burning up the miles like a mad octogenarian. I was only a little bit above 160mph, honest Dad.

Arrived in Kassel at 15:00, tired but safe.

Tonight they are in The Congress Halle in Kassel and tomorrow in The Gerry Weber Halle in Halle, Westphalia. I have a boatload of friends that are like extended family to me in the Bielefeld area. I have been friends with the Matriarch for 60 years. We are going enbloc to the gig there.

I stayed in Kassel last night and will be heading to Bielefeld after breakfast tomorrow. Bielefeld is the nearby large town to Halle. Today,my nephew, Gary, and I are having some quiet time together in Kassel and later enjoying the gig. Of course I will be watching and he will be "working" on stage.
It would be rude not to exceed 160mph in Germany I'm liking the new 8 Ray I have not seen one in that colour do you think it's an exclusive colour?