View Single Post
Old 1st May 2021, 07:50 AM

I've owned only a couple of Audis but have the bug. As in my signature I started with an 80 coupe but it wasn't quattro and as only a 2litre not very quick. That led to a lovely purple S4 when my career got better and I was earning more money (and also still singlle!). The two things these had one common theme though... they both suffered from rust.

Roll forward a few years and I'm married with one child one the way, I still have the S4 and my wife has a Volvo V40. She can't manage the heavy clutch in mine and we also could do with a bigger car. Neither of us like the larger people carriers, my wife prefers saloon and I like fast Audis! I remembered the film Ronin with the brilliant car chase and I could only think of one car which fits this bill at our budget and which also wouldn't have a rust problem.

My wife loves the car especially being automatic and not having to wait too long at junctions wondering if she can pull out in the gap in traffic!

Roll on a few more years and we now have three children the youngest born last month and appropriately named Deirdre, although more a coincidence and not based on any film character!
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)