Thread: Wheel bearings
View Single Post
Old 21st April 2017, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1781cc View Post
The man from Audi say no, they need to diagnose it themselves to confirm as they will road test it, I said, what a minute, its been serviced twice there in the time I have had it and what happened to the Audi cam? they don't use it on services apparently...

So my next question was how much to replace the front wheel bearings... they said they can't quote until its been in for diagnosis (chargeable) - I said I can diagnose it needs new wheel bearings because an indie told me for free and quoted on it.

Audi don't care, has to be diagnosed... shall I book it in for diagnosis he asks...

Nope, the indie will get my money, thanks for runaround and lack of attention on the service.

Can I play devils advocate here ......I understand that they missed things earlier on but ....... if you took your car to any repairer and said ...."another garage has said my car needs wheel bearings " and the second garage fitted them and charged you X number of pounds and the fault / complaint was still there would you say " why didn't you diagnose yourselves first before doing the work "

What say you ?