View Single Post
Old 20th July 2021, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcs View Post
Didnt you say the MOST is working but this is a coding issue?

It is unclear to me why you haven't tried swapping the gateway or the control head. Logically a phone module isn't going to have anything to do with the system not working after a coding stuff up. MOST parts darts doesn't sound to me like the way forward.

The gateway ECU controls everything with CAN. These are very cheap. I would replace it and begin again. You do you though
I mostly get to do 10-15 mins here and there at work whilst running a manufacturing business. I needed the car in a drivable state for the weekend as doing 250miles and wanting the aircon!

I also wasn't sure about where the gateway was, how to get there and so forth. Also a LOT of the threads i'd seen had mentioned the phone because water ingress and the whole thing started with water coming in from above because biblical water from above, water in the ceiling light, cupholder and things going odd. Checking the buttons made sense too

Hopefully this week i'll get to pop the glovebox!

I'll also add over the weekend i had an ODD minor breakdown. The car had a bit of a hissy fit in a road works around Warwick. The dashboard lit up with brake stuff and bleeping and a short time later completely cut out. Parked the gearstick, restarted.

Then 30 seconds later did the same, but No power, wouldn't start. Locked the key in the slot when i tried manually (remote battery?). Turning everything off, NO power.
Checked the battery but terminals good. tried again a minute later and it all fired up no problems but the clock reset. Pulled over at the junction to a garden centre car park and checked her over.
Had a battery/alt tester (cigarette lighter) as i was worried it was with the new battery and coding but 3 greens for both.
Looked at the faults and it seems like an authorisation issue. Cleared all the faults with my ODB11 and ran around the carpark. All good. Did ~50 miles after that and only near the destination did the brake lights thing happen again, but she kept going fine.

Drove home Monday (~125miles) and it was all OK, not an issue.

Previous :
1998 S8 PF 4.2 V8 D2 - Gearbox died ~120k
2002 S8 FL 4.2 40v V8 D2 Prins LPG - Engine valves met pistons ~230K

Also :
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l (Post Apocalyptic makeover)
2003 Brabus Smart FourTwo (should sell)
2003 Mazda Rx8 2.3 (might sell)