View Single Post
Old 26th June 2017, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RS6 View Post
Emailed milltek last night asking if they could or would be able to reproduce a milltek backbox again for the audi a8/s8 d2 as they are no longer in production interestingly they came back with this answer.

Hi

Thank you for your enquiry.

As stated we have now discontinued this system and we wouldn’t be able to produce a single or couple of systems as the cost to swap the production lines over for a small quantity is too high.

We still have the jigs and are able to produce them but we wouldn’t look to produce in quantities less than 20.

Kind regards

Milltek Sport Ltd
Realistically, this isn't going to happen, for the following reasons:

(1) You'd need 20 firm commitments from active D2 owners on here - assuming you're not also enlisting significant numbers of additional D2 owners elsewhere...

(2) Of a total of around 110 (optimistically..) active members listed on here, at a rough guess no more than 60 of those are D2 owners.

(3) To reach your total therefore, one third of those would need to:

a) Be interested,
b) Be currently (or in the near future...) needing a replacement,
c) Have the spare funds available to spare for this - including an up-front deposit that Milltek would probably ask for,
d) Be willing to commit to payment of this.

There's virtually no chance of this happening, so I think this idea is a non-starter.

I think a far better option is to do one of the following:

(a) Wait for a "spare' used Milltek to come free - unlikely, but still more likely than this plan...
(b) Get someone else to custom make one - likely to be far cheaper, and more tailored to individual needs,
(c) Use Amar's front-end approach to get a similar sonic fix.

I'll go for (a) or (b), and some of the posts on here probably reflect the reality of doing this as well, from what I've seen

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.