View Single Post
Old 14th July 2018, 09:56 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

Thanks for the updates Ainars

Work has been hectic for me lately so I've had little time to keep up with crypto developments. And most of my miners have been switched off recently due to the warm weather. I'm presently down to an S9 (running at my customer's premises), my B3 and one or two GPUs. Once the weather starts to cool, I'll turn them back on in order of profitability, including the miners that aren't profitable eventually (if needed). A heater that makes some money is better than a heater that makes none.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
ETHlargement Pill
haha Sounds interesting. I might have to try that when I get my GPU rigs back online. I'll study the info when I have more time ... but I wonder how they've achieved such an increase in performance.

Quote:
Quite disappointing about B3 with the GPU miners and BTM price going down. B3 @ 1kH/s and 450W, it does about £27/ month now with £32 electricity costs. 1080 Ti now with new miners does 1.4kH/s with half the power of B3, still more profiitable to mine ETH or Zcash on 1080Ti though. I still keep B 3 running as it does not cost that much in electricity.
Same here. My B3 is still running, mainly because it uses little in electricity and doesn't produce much heat or noise (since I changed the fans). It is a disappointment though. I was hoping that profitability may have remained high for a little longer than it did. However, since the B3 is a little different to the usual ASIC-based miners, in that it uses AI processors, I wonder if it can be reprogrammed to run other algos.

Quote:
Switched off A3 for now as it costs about £113 to run and only earns about half of that per month and as I cannot subsidise all miners from my own money this got switched off first as least profitable. I still believe in Sia concept, but development has been slow and at the current form it is pain to use. Yes, i have tried to use the service myself and it's pain in the ass and while on paper it looks very cheap for cloud storage it's not that cheap in reality and cumbersome to use. So if they can get their act together it might do well in future but in the current slow state somebody else could overtake and eliminate them.
I agree with Sia. I played around with their software too a while ago. It's a great concept (and application of blockchain technology) but they have a lot of development to do before it's ready for mainstream use.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust