View Single Post
Old 26th October 2016, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo Tony View Post
Thanks Del. Tried that - my battery is only too keen to oblige by going flat. It didn't work.

I un-coded the module, re-coded the module, changed the switch, you name it.
If you have a duff battery maybe thats the problem. The control module for the keyless entry and start button are the first ECUs that get shutdown to preserve power.

My D3 gets little use these days, and after a week or so of short trips the battery on mine gets low, and I usually end up using the key remote and ignition to start the car until I go for a long run to charge the battery back up.

There are issues having the memories tied to fingers, for example if one driver is short and the other tall then shoe horning yourself behind the steering wheel and hitting the start button could be difficult, before the seat moves back to your usual position.

If setting up having got the car remember to delete all the programmed users before you begin otherwise you simply end up with their settings for everything. Remember its not just the seat position set by your finger, the climate control settings, radio presets, last station, satnav destinations, steering wheel, mirrior positions etc. are all individual.
2004 D3 A8 3.7 Quattro, Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Solar Sunroof, TV, ACC, phone and almost every option. 168K miles rising slowly
with retrofit AMI and DVB-T in place of Analogue
2003 Volvo S60 D5 SE Manual, 197K miles.
2001 D2 A8 3.7 QS, Bi-Xenon, Bose, Blinds, Electric Everything, retrofitted RNS-D, 191K Miles