View Single Post
Old 15th April 2020, 07:49 PM

Default Speed Sensor or not??

Firstly, hope you are all safe in the current environment.

I have just come back from a 3 week trip which took over 7 weeks as I ended up stranded with no flights! Anyway, that's another story, now to the car...

My car was standing and when I realised I was stuck abroad, I got a family member to charge it up (was flat) and put some fuel in/take it for a drive. Car was fine and behaved itself with no faults (surprisingly) although I know there would be some under-voltage faults stored.

FF to present day and I started the car and moved it onto the driveway ready to be washed, parking brake on. After about 20 mins I realised I had to go get some meds so jumped in the car, started it and BOOM the ABS/ESP/Handbrake fault lights lit up. I drove it around the block, no change. I then cleared all the codes but the ABS one won't go away. It shoes as N/S/R speed sensor intermittent signal but having read some threads I'm not sure if it actually is this or something else? Bit of a coincidence it's happened after standing for a while. I did do a scan but saved it after I cleared the codes (Doh!) and so will scan again tomorrow. Battery was charged again fully but fault persists. Fuses all checked on both sides of the dash, no problems. Any more pointers on what to check before I order a new sensor? Also, anyone know the OEM or should I just buy from TPS? My bonnet has also decided not to open but that will be tackled tomorrow fingers crossed....

Thanks
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder