View Single Post
Old 16th April 2020, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NightOwl View Post
I'm not any car electronic wizard, but I replaced the battery in my car about a month ago, and it gave "millions" of faults when starting the car afterwards and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. I was able to clear most of them with VCDS, but I think it was the ESP symbol that was still on after several attempts to clear the faults. The ESP symbol went out after driving a few hundred meters (and maybe I also touched the brake pedal a bit).

As your car has been without power and then being charged, I would try to disconnect the battery for a few minutes and then connect and see what happened. And by the way, was the charger connected the recommended way?
Good point, may try that. Could do with a drive anyway

Yes was charged correcty, I have a CTEK charger which has the eyelets connected permanently so it can't be charged incorrectly. The strange part is that whilst I was away and the battery went flat, it was charged and driven around 30 miles, was fine. Only when I came back did it decide (on 2nd start) to throw a wobbly. I think I will try it anyway as there is nothing to lose, it may reset itself (hopefully!)
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder