View Single Post
Old 16th May 2018, 01:08 PM

Wow, great response, thanks guys.

The MX5 is a weird one, it's really not my sort of car but every time I've driven one, especially somewhere like the island, it is just so much fun.

1781cc - thanks for sharing your own experience of these, it's a lovely car you've got. I'm still not sold on an auto for what I want and i'm not sure the 3.0TDi would be the best bet for island blasting but it is, in my head, what I want!

ainarssems - I'd probably try to find a well kept older one, however I'm not sure how many will still be knocking around with injector problems about 12 years after it all surfaced? Surely they've all been sorted by now (he says optimistically!)?!

HPsauce - you know your island living! I live in Sandown, about 200 yards from the beach. Yay! No point living on the isle of wight and not being on top of a beach! There are people here who have literally not been to Freshwater or Yarmouth in 25 years near me! Island living does strange things to your sense of distance!

It is amazing how cheap both of these cars are to pick up these days. Probably cheaper in the winter!

2002 D2 S8 - Avus Silver, Valcona red leather, Dark Myrtle wood inserts, Heated rear seats, Heated windscreen, Auto dim rear view mirror, Bose, Xenon Plus, Servotronic, Extended leather, Heat & UV Reflective glass & Ski hatch. Gearbox went bang but she's sleeping safely away.