View Single Post
Old 15th August 2017, 06:23 PM

Thanks again. A couple more things to check. I tried the easy start thing yesterday but it didnt even cough - but - I was spraying it into a little gap in the airbox, with the filter in etc. I would really need to open the airbox and take the filter out and spray the stuff right down its throat I think. I didnt have tools to hand to try it.

I took some more data this morning just for comparison. One of the graphs is the first start this morning from cold. Everything goes nicely as it should.

The second graph is Full acceleration from 30 mph to ***mph. This is engine at full operating temperature. I am away out to the shop just now, so when I get back I will try the percussive repair technique (hitting it) on the IMV and I will go down to my workshop to get some tools to take one of the airboxes off and the air filter and I will try giving it a sniff of easy start and report back.

Its only been switched off for a couple of hours so definitiely wont start on its own, and probably wont with the jump leads attached as well, but i will try logging a scan just in case t does to see what it looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	coldstart.jpg
Views:	211
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	16736   Click image for larger version

Name:	max acceleration.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	106.9 KB
ID:	16737  

Last edited by erubus; 15th August 2017 at 06:32 PM.