View Single Post
Old 26th February 2009, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A8 Owner View Post
Well im driving both at mo a 51 plate A8 and a new merc S320

the merc has nothink on the A8
probs i find with Merc r
1 the gear change on steering column
2 ack of space in back cant get our 3 kids seats in rear as middle section is to small
3 the wood and chrome in the centre of the dash when everythink else is black and how it bows out.

looks like a face vents r eyes switchs r mouth thats what my kids say any how

4 gear change is slow in manual u press the paddle then u got time to put your hand in the air and count 2 before it changes.
5 brakes when u take foot of pedal they stop on a sec or to longer everytime
6 realy winding me up, and trying to get merc to turn it off. This senser that if u get to close to a car, it puts on brake to give the right gap so u cant drive to close to car infront. Prob is tho where i live loads of lanes and tight corners and when a car is coming towards u on a tight bend the bleeding thing thinks u r to close, and puts the brakes on I.E if u r coming upto a tight left hand corner and the car coming the other way is coming around the corner as u approach so its infront of u. there is a switch to so say turn it off but it still does it
7 steering at high speed is like driving car with no powersteering
8 if u drive it hard on bendy rds bit like driving Citron 2cv
things i like
1 like the way they put the dvd screen right to the back of dash so it it sheltered from sunlight.
2 soft ride over pot holes
3 boot space
4 stereo
5 gettin car heated is quick from cold

So the AUDI gets it for me by miles and i miss the smell of me leather and the power and response of the audi
Buy a D3 one then

Seriously nice cars tho.