Thread: Back in Germany
View Single Post
Old 11th October 2019, 04:26 PM

I arrived home in Wigan at 20:00 last night, Thursday 10/10/2019. Needless to say, I was knacked. Had to unpack and repack for today's trip.

I was held up on the M25 and M42 but considering the time of day, nothing unusual. All in all a very good trip. Managed three full days with my "Nephew" and his group. I knew that they all knew me and who Gwen and I were, but have only realised during this trip how much they like me. Not only the players but the rigging team, English truck driver and technical guys as well. Even the German Chef and coach driver were all over me. The agency rep produced an all areas special pass for me and they fed and watered me. Felt like a man of substance.
So you Queen fans; Google "onenightofqueen", and Gary Mullen and The Works will appear. Look up the gig dates and get your tickets. If anyone does attend a gig, let me know before hand so that I can try and organise to see you there. If I'm there and you are lucky I might be able to organise a back stage meet, no promise but a possibility.

Back to today, 10 passengers only so left the large coaches at the garage and I'm using a 17 seater mini. Quite nice, certainly not what you would think. Problem was that I had to collect each of them and on Sunday's return I'll have take them home. Warrington, St Helens, Billinge, Wigan and Darwen. Think I know my way around Lancashire now!!!!!!
Nice area here and the staff know me now and have given me a better than average room, in fact a double with a view.

Petrol costs in Europe. I'll dig up some of the receipts and post them later next week. I'll also post a few photos taken in Germany. I'm a bit busy the rest of this month with various commitments. I do not recommend retirement.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)