Thread: My 01 S8
View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2021, 09:05 PM

A small update on my S8. It's been a very long time since the last time I have driven this car and the reason for this is because during my research on these cars, I found out that it's possible that a valve spring could fail and I don't want to take that risk of having one break. I have no records of this happening to my car or any record that the have been replaced for precaution reasons. It's currently sitting inside the garage at the apartment that I'm living at.

My plan is to replace the valve springs and do a complete timing service job all at the same time. I've been slowly (and I mean VERY slowly) buying the parts that I need. I have many more parts to buy

New OEM cam chain tensioners (it's ridiculous how expensive these are!)

Upgrading to these valve springs (these are also expensive )
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new cam tensioners.jpg
Views:	792
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	26751   Click image for larger version

Name:	valve spring kit 1.jpg
Views:	791
Size:	34.7 KB
ID:	26752   Click image for larger version

Name:	valve spring kit 2.jpg
Views:	798
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	26753  

My mods: Oxblood red interior, LED interior lights, D3 ignition coils, new window tint, tip steering wheel with new S8 emblem, mk1 TT steering wheel air bag, mk1 TT 6 speed shift knob, new shift boot.

Last edited by Audifan; 23rd July 2021 at 09:34 PM.