View Single Post
Old 18th September 2021, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
Hmm.. Tesla Supercharger in Kaunas, Lithuania on Tesla website is showing as coming soon, opening date to be confirmed but on A Better Route Planner it is already live. When I checked couple of weeks ago it was not on ABRP. If it is live then it means I could actually make it to Latvia just on Tesla Superchargers 'filling up' for free, at least theoretically. It is a long stint from Warszaw to Kaunas and it shows max driving speed 70km/h to make it but I can always make a short stop at 3rd party CCS supercharger between two to top up a bit for couple of EUR.

We are planning to go there for Christmas (travel rules and Covid restrictions permitting) and have booked ferry from Harwich to Holland and back already just cannot decide wether to risk Tesla or use Q7. Would need to get winter tyres for Tesla (already have a 2nd winter set for Q7) and a spare wheel. Plenty 50kW CCS/Chademo chargers in Latvia to get around locally, there is one about 100 meters from my destination in Latvia. Strangely they are charging per minute not kW, it's 0.15 EUR/min
Kaunas would be good, we usually stop around there overnight on the way up to Estonia

Not sure how recently you've done the drive. We last went in 2019, the roads east of Warsaw had improved massively. New bits of motorway near the border too
2000 FL D2 4.2 QS - SOLD 2011