View Single Post
Old 29th September 2019, 05:08 PM

Default Thanks for the compliments...

Quote:
Originally Posted by moltuae View Post
...But why is there a Reliant Robin (aka plastic pig) in the background in the last photo!?
I "work" at a car museum here in Nashville, Lane Motor Museum, so I get "preferred parking". If anyone reading this ever comes to the colonies, it's really worth a visit. Largest collection of Tatras in the US, maybe the world!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gninnam View Post
...How is it for comfort?
It's no "gOLD Wing", but it's quite ride-able. I'm 56 and I've ridden 2+ hour stretches with no ill effects; it only has a 4.2 gallon/ 16L tank, and gets about 45 MPG, so you have to stop for fuel often enough that you get a break... I have 1cm handlebar risers which came on the bike (got it slightly used) which probably help a little. If I had to complain, I'd say the under-seat exhaust makes the seat get kind of hot in traffic here in the South, which would be nice if you were riding in colder weather (it has heated grips too). In jeans, you feel it, but in proper gear it's not an issue. I'm completely happy with it. It has ABS and traction control which is nice. It has switchable "modes", "Urban" reduces power to 75HP and sets ABS & TC to max, for instance. Otherwise it has 102 HP & 73 lb/ft torque, which could get interesting if not well-controlled... which is one thing I worried about when I returned to riding after 35 years! So far, no "Oh S**t" moments.