View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2019, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homer simpson View Post
The Yoof of today have never really had any decent snow in may parts of the country. 20 odd years ago it was pretty regular to have some snow in the winter and with that we got experience driving in bad weather conditions.

Today, the small amounts of snow in a blue moon cause chaos due to lack of experience and of course stupidity/naivety

I take your point.
Perhaps I'm being a miserable old know it all.
I taught both my kids to drive and started them rather early. In those days we could still drive on the beach at Southport and Ainsdale.
My son used to sit on my knee at four years old. I did the actual driving but he did the steering using the external mirrors whilst reversing down a three hundred yard narrow fenced drive.
And when they passed the test I took them for a longish motorway drive. Part of that I made them be a bit spirited and even speeding. Bloody 70mph crap

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)