View Single Post
Old 15th January 2020, 08:22 AM

Usually I'll wash down oily bits with naptha-based brake cleaner first to degrease, but this one didn't need that because its not leaking anything

I then use Gtechniq W5 Citrus All Purpose Cleaner (one of my favourite products) and a soft wheel brush to work it in to the dirt, and a toothbrush for the small details. Rinse with water from a spray bottle and re-apply W5 where needed. Final rinse then dry with a microfibre & air line.

Once its dry I spray the paintwork with GTechniq Quick Detailer and buff off with a microfibre. This is an FL1 so has clearcoat under the bonnet, as does the PF. An FL2 (2001/2002) doesn't have clearcoat so I'd do the paintwork with a sealant rather than QD to try and keep it cleaner for longer.

Hoses are cleaned and treated with Autoglym Instant Tyre Dressing on a microfibre (silicone based so I don't spray that near paintwork). Plastics cleaned with the same, and then coated with AMDetails Multipurpose Dressing. The Autoglym tyre dressing works surprisingly well on plastics, but the AMDetails one lasts better.

That corner took about 45 minutes. The other side is a lot easier since there is less stuff in the way.