View Single Post
Old 25th February 2018, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
I am far from turning rigs off, they earn less but they still earn more than they spend in electricity and extra heating is welcome at this cold spell of weather. Are you running RX580 with the same settings for ETH as for CryptoNight, mine definitely will not run at the same settings and need less agressive overclock. Less than £2 per card might not be much if you only have 2 cards but when you have 10 cards it's still about £500 with £95 electricity costs and you do not have to babysit it all day.
It got down to £4 a day for the whole rig on Nicehash when I turned it off - 2 Vegas and 2 580s all doing Cryptonight and using £1.85 a day in electricity. I've turned it back on doing ETN now because I was cold! It makes a surprising difference to the temperature upstairs and proportionally how hard the heating has to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
If it crashes every 2 days so be it, if it restarts itself just have OverdriveNToool batch file set to apply your clock settings for GPUs and then miner to start with 5 second delay, if it just freezes up restart it manually, it does not take much time, just check on it couple of times a day like when you have a cupper.
One 580 stops responding after a couple of hours and if I force cast-xmr to stop (because it won't quit cleanly), it crashes the whole rig, resets all the overclock settings and has to be rebooted. Vegas are a pain after a reboot as I'm sure you know. I re-seated all the risers earlier and fired it up again with a single 580 and its still going after a few hours so fingers crossed its just the risers. I should really hot-glue them in to the slots as I've had problems with them before.

Since its not really earning anything of note, I've nothing to lose having a play with some other algos to see what else it can do