View Single Post
Old 26th February 2018, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
It got down to £4 a day for the whole rig on Nicehash when I turned it off - 2 Vegas and 2 580s all doing Cryptonight and using £1.85 a day in electricity. I've turned it back on doing ETN now because I was cold! It makes a surprising difference to the temperature upstairs and proportionally how hard the heating has to work.
I've considered turning things off at times, but that's because crypto is low at the moment. The amount of coins you are getting are the same or maybe a touch higher as people bow out....I've seen LCC go from ~18 a day up to ~22 a day at the moment as people tried and then switched as the coin dropped in value. I'm grabbing coins as fast as I can as the market can easily move....I mean if LCC goes back to $7 rather than the $3 it is now, i'll have been making $154 a day where as it's just $66....And who knows maybe in a year they'll be worth $20 and i'll have earnt $440 a day.....The price *NOW* is on only relative to if you sold them now and since we can't it's more or less an arbitrary number!

With my GPU rig i've swapped ~monthly to a different coin to grab what I can BCH, Electronium and Trezzar coin. At the time they all did well, but with the crash, less so....however all the coins looked interesting and they'll probably go back up and beyond given time. I find I switch coin and often algorithms every month or so to a coin that's performing better and one that has a reasonable return of coins....Thinking Pirl or Musicoin next on that basis, Ether may be performing marginally better, but it's such a slog for a minimal percentage of ETH that means it has to *REALLY* do well versus some of the lower value coins that only need a small shift to return big!

Previous :
1998 S8 PF 4.2 V8 D2 - Gearbox died ~120k
2002 S8 FL 4.2 40v V8 D2 Prins LPG - Engine valves met pistons ~230K

Also :
1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0l (Post Apocalyptic makeover)
2003 Brabus Smart FourTwo (should sell)
2003 Mazda Rx8 2.3 (might sell)