View Single Post
Old 26th February 2018, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulfilias View Post
I've considered turning things off at times, but that's because crypto is low at the moment. The amount of coins you are getting are the same or maybe a touch higher as people bow out....
Not even close in my case unfortunately. Mid-January my rig was doing 1.8mBTC a day with Cryptonight on Nicehash. By the time I added the 580s at the end of Jan it had dropped to 1.2 - the 580s brought it back to 1.8. By last weekend it had dropped below 0.6 I switched it to ETN for a bit but difficulty is so high on that its only making 100 a day now.

I'm not sure why all of a sudden the 580s won't play with the Vegas any more either - using Cast-xmr or Claymore they just lock up at random and crash the whole rig. Reseating the risers did nothing so its switched off again for now. Nicehash says 0.85mBTC if I can get all four cards to play together so thats borderline turn-it-back-on, but I don't have the time to mess with it at the moment. If I'd been fixing D2s instead of burning time fiddling with this damn rig I'd have made far more money than it's mined so far Fiddling with the rig is a lot warmer though, and it does make a very good clothes dryer