Thread: Audi a8 v a6...
View Single Post
Old 17th October 2019, 08:04 AM
RIP 27/02/2021 :-(

For me, one major dividing difference is the aluminium space frame, for a number of reasons, some of which are rational, some of which are irrational or purely psychological. Rationally speaking, there are the obvious advantages such as the elimination of rust and weight saving (the '6 and '8 weigh pretty much the same, despite the larger dimensions of the '8). But, from a more psychological perspective, steel-bodied cars just seem primitive by comparison. I just like aluminium; it's a nice metal to work with, and I like the the cool-factor of owning one of the rare few all-aluminium cars ever produced.

Additionally, the '8 looks and feels like a proper big executive saloon. The '6, on the other hand looks and feels like a car that might be driven by a sales rep, albeit one who has made it to 'team leader'.
------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------
Cars Owned:
The Tesla Era: 2020 Model S Performance Ludicrous+ (present)
(Black, with all black premium interior and carbon fibre décor, 21" sonic carbon twin turbine wheels and FSD capability)

The Audi Era: '97 A8 4.2 (Ming Blue) --> '96 A8 4.2 QS (Dark Green) --> '02 FE S8 (present)
The Citroen Era: '84 BX 1.6 RS --> '89 BX 1.9 DTR Turbo --> '94 XM 2.0L Turbo --> '96 XM 2.0L Turbo Exclusive --> '00 Xantia Activa 2.0L Turbo
The Banger Era: '76 1.2L Lada VAZ-2101 (Ruski Fiat 124) --> '80 1.7L Morris Ital HL, finished in Ermine White and Rust

Last edited by moltuae; 17th October 2019 at 08:06 AM.