View Single Post
Old 18th May 2020, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by classexa View Post
Yeah, replacing the pressure sensor didn't solve the problem. If that wasn't enough, all the brake fluid went seeya from the ABS unit so I had to bleed it all. YAY! It's all pointing to the ABS module. One problem gone, a new one shows up. Guess it's time to try find a new/used module
I'm also going through some ABS issues at the moment and one direction I received from fellow D3 owners which I am starting on this morning, is to unwrap the ABS harness tape and inspect the ABS wiring between the ABS module plug-connector and the wheel arch area - this is apparently a known issue leading to all sorts of strange ABS faults including intermittent issues.

Regarding defective ABS Module the 'safest' reasonably priced option so far for a 'known' ABS module repair is to use one of the ABS rebuild vendors. You remove and post your module to them and they provide an exchange fully warrantied unit. There are several to choose from (Controlunits.co.uk / atpelectronics.co.uk / absrepair.co.uk / sinspeed.co.uk / etc...) and one of the more experienced chaps on here may be able to recommend one.

Note that most DC motors such as ABS pump motors are not designed for continuous operation and if you don't sort out that constant-operating condition (If caused by an external fault) this may damage your new ABS pump.

ps. the parking brake fault is also linked to the ABS system fault, so an ABS fault will also show as parking brake fault. Your VCDS scan has already shown you that. Once you sort our the ABS fault many of your other faults such as parking brake should clear once reset.

hope this helps and wishing you Good luck on sorting out your ABS issue.

Last edited by Prefferle; 18th May 2020 at 09:50 AM.