View Single Post
Old 2nd September 2017, 08:40 PM

MJ is always spot on with advice. The front caliper creakiness is (was, in my case) associated with the pads jamming in the stainless steel pad guides held in place on the aluminium caliper block by torx headed screw which is impossible(?) to remove without splitting the block. The corrosion between the s/steel and aluminium forces the guide outer edges which then clamp on the pads. You can do a certain amount of cleaning out the corrosion with the calipers removed using emery paper etc but its difficult to get the guides to resume their former shape. You can, of course, file down the edges of the pads so that they can fit but its not really a solution. Thats the point at which I got mine refurbished.
I suggest you test the temperature of the discs after a run to see if there is any overheating but its a certainty that wthout some work, it will develop into overheating pads/discs at some point in the near future.