View Single Post
Old 19th February 2018, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
Two questions:
1. How did you get that first picture?
That was fairly easy, I just slid my phone in on top of the ECU box, it took a couple of attempts to get it right. I just had to be careful not to push it in too far! So the first picture is looking down from above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPsauce View Post
2. How did you find the hole and feed the well nut in?
This wasn't too easy but using the photos in this thread http://forum.a8parts.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7645&page=2 I was able to work out the location from the two grommets and a seam in the body. A little light scraping with a long screwdriver soon found a hole. All I removed to gain access was the ECU box lid and undid the nut on the windscreen trim so I could lift it out of the way.

To get the well nut in was a little tricky as I didn't want to drop it but using some tissue paper to hold it onto the end of an allen key and some long nose pliers (I didn't have a long enough allen and had to buy longer ones to finish) I was able to drop it in place and used a long screwdriver to help push it in and off the allen key. It took patience and some care to work out the easiest way around the pipes without losing the nut. I also positioned my phone to shine the torch light so I could see better.

I didn't scrape a single knuckle either! Time will tell if it stops the water ingress or if the drains are also blocked, but it looked fairly clear of water in there.
'00 Audi S8 Agate Grey (Sold )
'11 Audi Q7 4.2tdi Unknown Red (Classic Red Pearl Effect - thanks MJ)