View Single Post
Old 12th June 2021, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spannerrash View Post
Hi Brian

I also like to do most of my own repair work but you are taking this to a whole different level. Well done bud I'm really impressed.

The Spectrum power steering pipes are still available if you need them. I'm willing to donate them to anyone who is willing to give them a try. Make sure you read the power steering pipes post though as there were some concerns raised.

Good luck with the project.

Cheers Frank
Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
Good effort in getting down to the real nuts and bolts stuff.
Whereabouts in Glasgow are you? there's a couple of us nearby (Dumbarton and Helensburgh) so it would be good to meet up sometime.
Thanks Frank & David - Been away for a couple days down in Peterborough, so just catching up on various things. It's turned into a bit of an epic, which I knew was likely to happen, as it's got most of the usual issues.

Not sure I'd have been brave enough to tackle this without the wealth of information conatined within these pages though..

Frank - Many thanks - I'm weighing up the PAS pipe options at the moment, to see what route I'm goiong to take on this.

David - I'm over in Giffnock, so not a million miles away. My in-laws are in Helensburgh (West Montrose) sbut I've never actually had the S8 down there. I'll keep an eye out next time I'm down that way.

Once I get the S8 back together I'd definitely be up for a mini-meet. Under pressure to get this finsihed as I'm already getting grumbbling about bits of car strewen around the place..

Need to complete my Autodoc order this weekend, and then speak with the gearbox people. Seems a bit daunting spending more on the gearbox than what the car cost in the first place