View Single Post
Old 29th September 2017, 09:34 AM

I wouldn't consider dropping the engine simply for some preventative maintenance or overhaul. Whats the point? The gearbox will be fine, you can change the fluid if you like but it's OK if not.

I bought mine from a large dealer, specifically those crooks who did the Used Car Wars programme on Dave a few months back, stupidly got lured into a pricey warranty because I was a bit scared by the big V10 as well. Soon realised it was a waste of money and the warranty covered bugger all so I managed to fight it and do a credit card charge back shortly after for the cost of the warranty. Moral of the story, don't buy a third party warranty, if you claim it will be like a long fight with an insurance company.

Extensive history is important. I've got a huge folder for mine with any work carried out including any warranty work back when the car was young, rear windscreen replaced et al.

This S8 seems like a good buy to me.
- Aqua Blue D2 S8 - Grey leather/Alcantara
- D3 A8 3.0 CVT
- D3 3.7 V8