View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2016, 10:33 PM

Well, I would say get the full scan done by one of the local to you forum memeber (look in the vag com register thread) and post the results so we can have a look.
It looks like they may be using basic scanner where they cant see the whole scan so they just keep changing parts using the lottery strategy.
With A8s in most cases you need to look at the entire scan before making the call what to change first.
For example an ABS fault can be caused by a faulty steering angle sensor and I've seen people having ABS pumps changed.
Battery fault caused by faulty battery ECU so no need to change the battery just the module and so on.
One faulty component can trigger fault codes in few other components and if they have limited knowledge about A8s you will end up having all the parts changed but not the one which actually is causing the problem which could be the case here looking at the list of stuff you've had replaced.

2006 D3 S8 5.2 V10
Ceramic Brakes, Bang&Olufsen, DTV, DAB, Rear Camera, BT, TPMS, Soft Close, Auto Boot, AMI , 4 Zone AC, Home Link, All Electric Blinds, Fingerprint, Ski Hatch, Black Extended Leather, Heated Sport Seats, Alacantra, Carbon Trim inc Aluminium Pack 2.
2015 A3 S line 1.4 TFSI - for the missus to keep her away from my car.
Standard S-line equipment, no extras.
2006 D3 A8 3.7 V8 - SOLD but not forgotten