View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2017, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by audia8driver View Post
It will replace my old kit, arcam pre and power amps, bi amped.. maranta ki signature CD player and b&w 505 speakers, plus Stax electrostatic headphones- so sound is absolute paramount.

Thanks
Was in a similar position before Christmas, having fairly recently bought an Arcam A28 amp to replace an aged NAD which was totally out of its depth dealing with my Monitor Audio RS6 Silver floorstanders.

Ended up buying the Arcam Bluray player (UDP411) for £549 and now use that as main disc spinner for everything.

Also acquired a Google Chromecast Audio which I can control from the various phones and tablets scattered about the place, and gives me decent quality radio streaming, plus access to my NAS server, all for £15. Was going to buy a DAB tuner until I saw this!

Guess it depends on the age and condition of what you've got now and whether space is an issue?

I have a Yamaha sound bar for home cinema duties (YSP-3300) which I think is a great compromise on space/appearance, so can see the appeal of the Naim product

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC