Thread: ECU problem
View Single Post
Old 8th March 2018, 04:23 PM

As I have mentioned, I ran a scan after I got the car back which looked bad.
I'll attach a (pdf) screenshot of the engine faults, from my iPad.

After considering my options, I decided to erase the faults and have a look again after a drive.
A big thank you MJ for helping me to understand that all the errors had to be somewhat connected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkiJayne View Post
Wow Its interesting that most of the modules simply say 'electrical malfunction' rather than voltage too high or low. That might be a prefacelift thing though. ME7 in the facelifts is a little more verbose in its error messages.

I think the first things I would be looking at are the battery, alternator, and earth connections, particularly the earth strap from engine to body. Then probably monitor the battery voltage with a multimeter to see what its doing.

Some of those codes like the immobiliser and alarm are pretty normal. The open or short codes are likely caused by whatever is also triggering the electrical malfunction codes, in modules which aren't smart enough to detect a voltage issue.
I ran a full auto scan again today. And I am relieved to see that a lot of the reported faults didn't return.

Which brings me back to the Audi dealer. Why didn't they reset the faults when they serviced, and then made the repairs

Was VAG 1551 the only tool they had? Weird
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1097.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	298.7 KB
ID:	18110  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2018-03-06.pdf (553.7 KB, 277 views)
File Type: pdf Thursday,08,March,2018,16:02:21:41134.pdf (23.0 KB, 267 views)

Johannes
_________
Audi S8 -99, Pearlescent, Alcantara/silk napa leather, Burr walnut insert, Alcantara roof lining upper pack
A8 32V engine
-----
Jeep Grand Cherokee -98