Thread: Blocked Drains
View Single Post
Old 10th July 2020, 06:29 PM

Well finally got around to doing the front sunroof drains today and yes they were blocked! Fortunately no water had been inside the car as they would drain very slowly but still needed doing. I tried various methods but they just would not clear properly so I tried a different approach - the other end.

Passenger side, not too bad. Remove the rear shield and the drain is there. Gummed up from dirt so gave it a good clean with a pipe cleaner. Water flowing effortlessly now. Driver's side, not so easy as the washer bottle is in the way. I removed the fixings and gently pulled the bottle forward enough to see behind it. I could not see the drain and so I used a inspection camera (boroscope) to find the drain. It sits behind the washer bottle area and so I managed to get my hand up there and cleaned again with a pipe cleaner. Drains now clearing properly so I'm happy for now. I will tackle the rear ones in a week or so when I will have the wheels off, although I could see water dripping out at the back. Then will be the A/C drain and scuttle area.
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder