View Single Post
Old 5th March 2018, 03:09 AM

Although the 4 mode intermittent wiper timer delay switch (D2) is a nice enough feature in and of itself, a more variable delay period controller on the intermittent wipers is a feature I would have expected on the S8.
My 1994 Holden Berlina had a variable control wheel on the wiper switch, and so does the XC90.
Still it's a step up from the fixed interval on the A4!

Folding rear seats is a feature of the A4 I miss too - when I sold that car, I packed two boxes of spare parts plus 5 spare 17" wheels (no tyres from memory though) into the back of that thing - do that with the S8!

I like the auto folding mirrors idea.
One feature I also miss from my A4 is the range of the remote, and how the total closure feature operated. The A4 had an aftermarket remote entry module installed on it. On a double press of the lock button on the remote, the module energised the close circuit for 15 seconds - thus closing the doors and windows without having to keep the button depressed.
With the S8, I have tinted windows. I get intermittent operation of the total closure feature and have to be standing right next to the car with the key just about touching the drivers window to get it to close everything... It is just about easier to jump in the car and turn the ignition on!

Marty

Replacement head coming arrived thanks to MJ
Silver with Black interior. All features as the '01, with the 'S' mode auto shifter. Dodgey rear tint (need to find a way to get rid of that).
Family:
2009 Volvo XC90 V8 R Design
- has a louder more obnoxious exhaust than the S8, sounds great! Love this thing - Q7 was double the price, and certainly not double the car!

Sold:
1997 Audi A4
- Hamilton's Club Sport, Achat Grey (will miss the old girl)