View Single Post
Old 7th April 2016, 07:35 PM

Thanks everyone for your responses.

I've just been to see the car and, after getting stuck in traffic for 1h30m, I got there and it was absolutely chucking down with rain, so exterior checks were pretty minimal.

My VCDS refused to play ball and simply wouldn't connect to my phone, so I wasn't able to run any checks.

The mileage is warrantied though and the stamps and MOTs back it up.

The bad bits were that the car was on the wrong size tyres: 275/35 instead of 265/35. Also, I'm pretty sure they were the wrong load rating. They were, however, very good tyres - Goodyear Eagle F1s. The alloys had been refurbed and they did a great job, but they were a slightly darker silver than I would have liked.

Also, the rear screen was letting in water on both sides at the top and slightly into the boot but the carpets were dry except a couple of fresh drops (that I may have caused opening the boot).

The only other thing was a couple of LEDs were out in one of the rear lights.

The test drive was good, although I think the Miltek exhaust would be a little too loud for me (although it did sound epic!). There were no knocks from the suspension but the steering felt vague. As its my first drive in one of these beasts, I don't know if that's normal.

The suspension rose properly on all corners.

The interior electrics all seemed to work fine, although I completely forgot to test the ACC while on the road.

We negotiated a price and I told the seller I'd take the weekend to think about it. It would come with a fresh MOT and a 12 months so-so warranty.

The appeal of this car is that I think it used to be an Audi demonstrator (Reg started with OE) so it had the perfect spec - light colour extended leather, ACC, B&O, blind spot warning, heated steering wheel.

I'm a little concerned that the mileage may be a little high because the Miltek suggests it has been driven hard.

I took a pic of the sticker with the spec on it from the service book, which I'll upload when I get home. Hopefully, someone can decode it for me.

Hmm... Time to put my thinking cap on...

2008 Audi S8