View Single Post
Old 9th June 2017, 08:00 PM

That's good news then, thanks. I stuck the 900 CCA battery back in it tonight before trying to start it. The engine was at the same temperature as it was last night when it needed jump started but with the 900 CCA battery span it over audibly quicker and it started no problem. I had the code reader plugged in and got a reading of 178 rpm before it fired, but again, as it reacts so slowly that figure cant be relied on. The next time I go to dundee I will try an immediate restart and see what happens. This is still the battery that came with the car though (brand new in October) and it's had this problem for roughly that length of time which was the reason the PO bought that battery.

Meantime I will check out the earth straps and have a look at how difficult its going to be to get the starter out. Might even add an extra earth strap direct from the starter just for fun. I will also check out what the most powerful battery is that I can get from my father. I'm sure he had batteries that size up to about 1200 CCA, anything more powerful would probably be getting into truck sized units.

Will keep you all posted.

gill