View Single Post
Old 14th August 2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ainarssems View Post
I do not know exact details of your car, below is for 2004 with BFM engine

Looked at wiring diagrams, no issues come to mind there. By the looks in etka each fan has separate plug which makes sense as you should be able to replace one separately if one packs up, both then plug in control unit and then single cable to wiring harness, control unit should come with radiator, cowl and fans and is not a replacement part. Control unit work as simple switch, it is connected to + and to ground and when it receives signal from ECU it switches fans on.

Check that everything is plugged in properly, then check if fans are working by connecting them directly to power, check for power and ground connection to control unit then check for signal from ECU to fan control unit in blue/yellow and blue/purple wires it should be simple 5V or 12V when fans should come on, finally check output in brown wires from control unit, they should have 12V coming out when getting signal from ECU. You can also try to connect 5V or 12V to signal wire to the control unit to see if the fans will come on.

I have included pdf's from ETKA and current flow diagram below
Are you saying by this that i should be able to get the twin fans working?

so two seperate fans, wired to a control unit on the cowling + 1 plug from the car?

Forgot to mention, i am located London/Stevenage, can meet within reasonable distance if your looking to help a brother out and earn a few pennies

Last edited by FireStorm; 14th August 2011 at 03:25 PM.