View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2020, 04:38 AM

If I get chance later I'll post a picture of the old bolt I have. If I'm recalling it correctly I think they are in better condition than the ones in your picture, I'll check.

As for the bushes in the wishbone. I managed to change the single bush with the use of a 6t press. It was a bit of a pain as I didn't have the correct size of tube to push it out and the shape of the wishbone makes it even more difficult. I can't remember exactly how but somehow I managed.

As for the split bushes, they come out quite easily as they are made of aluminium. They will simply collapse as you start to work on them. Putting the new ones in is also super easy, especially if you have the correct tool. It's tempting to put the whole unit in a vice with the bushes in place and simply tighten the vice to force them in. This is not what should be done though and will put a lot of compression pressure on the rubber. I have the correct Audi tool if you want to use it. I'm sure you could make something up quite easily but if you want to borrow it just let me know.