View Single Post
Old 31st August 2016, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattylondon View Post
The ACC module (distance control unit J428) is integrated into the radar (distance control sender G259) as one unit behind the bumper. What is the actual fault logged in 13-Distance Control, just the voltage reading?

Can VCDS connect to 13-Dist. Control? It could be a damaged wire to the Radar? My first investigation would be to test the wiring.

You'll have to remove the bumper to access the connector for the radar; with ignition on bridge pins 1 & 12 (T31 & T15) on the plug (NOT RADAR!) with a multimeter - note if there is current by measuring the voltage.

If the above is good now drop the glove box for the connection to the CAN gateway. Create a closed circuit by attaching a multimeter to Pin 2 at radar plug and Pin 13 at gateway plug, this is testing CAN-H. If a closed circuit then CAN-H is good. Now create a closed circuit by attaching a multimeter to Pin 4 at radar and Pin 26 at gateway, this is testing CAN-L.

If all these tests are positive then the wiring is good. Next thing is to test the radar, I can do this on my test bench setup. Let us know how you get on with the above first.
Thanks. The error was '00446 - Function Limitation due to Under-Voltage. 002 Lower Limited Exceeded.' The pic I have doesnt show but I recall it says 0V lower down.

Yes, the module seems to be able to be 'read' as its giving codes or something is.