View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2021, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architex_mA8tey View Post
I've been slowly doing jobs to it -
- We have taken out the black sports interior and door cards (which I will get around to selling) and installed a set of Red Leather heated sports seats, and door cards, bought the heated seat loom and switches to get them functioning fully

- So far mechanically we have replaced the shocks, bump stops and top mounts, taken off the manifold and repaired it properly and cleaned it all off, replaced all four injectors with uprated ones (Original injectors were upgraded with uprated wire mesh filter baskets and graphite seals - O-ring top seal and head seals and tested for leaks and spray pattern), doing the cam belt etc and new plugs and a full service, fixed one door check strap and fuel flap issue and replaced ignition barrel with new and deleted a rather silly start button. We also changed front brake hoses and replaced all brake fluid & MOT'd the car (no advisories!)

- Internally changing a lot of the worn switchgear, lights switch, HVAC unit etc and fitting a bluetooth streaming unit. retrofitting the looms and kit for heated seats, cruise control, and front fog lights, replaced storage tray and one front pop out cup holder, installed a quick connect battery charging lead for my CTEK charger, replaced rear number plate light units and bulbs with new ones and LEDs, cleaned all the carpets & fitted mats etc.

- still to do are things like swap the drivers door lock, new undertray (none present), external bodywork tidying scuffs & full valet/detail, sort out a couple of the Votex jacking point covers which were loose possibly change the front windscreen as it has a small crack in the passenger corner, custom DRL / fog light installation and I'd also love to find a darker headlining and A/B/C Pillars etc and possibly a red leather steering wheel and handbrake / gearstick gaiters. I also inherited a complete Bose upgrade set of speakers and amp plus CD changer with the car so looking at how easy that is to deal with.
Does that mean we can look forward to an MJ-stylee "WITW" A2 thread then?

Autos Autos everywhere...
(1) 2015 Tesla Model S: (was 85D, now 90D ). Silent and deadly, and very fast... But not as fast as Ian's M3P-
(2) 2002 D2 S8 Final Edition: Bulletproof and faultless: Brilliant Black with Extended (Red!) Leather. Three-times winner of Best D2 1st prize
(3) 1997 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo: Scots (! ) Green. Fragile, but beautiful.
(4) 2010 Fiat Panda 100HP. White Pandamonium (Final Edition!!). Pure old-fashioned 6-speed go-karting.