Thread: Twin Tone Horns
View Single Post
Old 30th August 2018, 07:56 AM

Update * * * Update
Managed to find the relay, under the dash behind the steering wheel.
After stripping the dash I could see it
I could put my sticky paw on it
But the bloodie thing would not come out.
There is a thing that you have to slide at the top to release the module. Mine would not slide so I gave up. Put it all back together so I could head off to the Germany meet.
I fitted the air horn inside the plenum with it's own supply via a push button in the cab. It works and is loud. But the sound is obnoxious.
Back to the drawing board.

I now have a sounder, a big heavy all weather horn.

Snap, the module you sent me works and is suitably loud. Tried it on the dining table and woke up all the grandkids, something new during school holidays.

Mark, I like your Train whistle. I'll order the amp and the foghorn module to have a play.

Might have a few days to play with it this weekend.

Bought a new PC for son Craig, now I'm sort of jealous, big black box, curved screen and fast gaming machine.
Bought a new laptop for me but could not sign into anything . All my passwords etc. have a letter "y" in them and after some time resolved to the "y" key not working. Probably an improvement on Homer Simpson's "any key" problem. Taking it back today.

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)