Thread: My 01 S8
View Single Post
Old 28th May 2022, 07:12 PM

New update on my car. I totally forgot to mention that not long after I bought the car in 2019, I bought all new Sachs shocks and new shock mounts, new front wheel bearings, and new front axles. While the car was getting all this work done, the shop found that both front springs were broken. I bought a pair of good used front springs. While the shop was waiting for the springs to come in, one of the axles pulled out from when they were driving my car in and out of the shop when the shop is closed for night.

I only took one picture but both springs were broken at the bottom coil.

The front axle that pulled out.

I replaced the stock air bag with a mk1 TT air bag and mk1 6 speed shift knob.

I looks like I need to make some adjustment as the ash tray cover doesn't close straight.

I also bought a new shift boot but I might end up replacing this with a shorter shift boot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	broken front spring.jpg
Views:	562
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	28549   Click image for larger version

Name:	broken front axle.jpg
Views:	539
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	28550   Click image for larger version

Name:	tt air bag.jpg
Views:	551
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	28551   Click image for larger version

Name:	tt shift knob.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	28552   Click image for larger version

Name:	new shift boot.jpg
Views:	533
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	28553  

My mods: Oxblood red interior, LED interior lights, D3 ignition coils, new window tint, tip steering wheel with new S8 emblem, mk1 TT steering wheel air bag, mk1 TT 6 speed shift knob, new shift boot.

Last edited by Audifan; 28th May 2022 at 07:29 PM.