Thread: Back in Germany
View Single Post
Old 27th December 2019, 09:04 PM

Christmas is over, done and dusted for another year, won’t be long now and we will be putting all the desecrations away in the loft for another year. How many shopping days to . . . ?
Just a couple of details to finish the Luneburg trip. I must be mad, two days in Luneburg, a day in Holland, basically all that way for a long weekend.
In 1964 I had a German girlfriend called Helga. Lovely relationship and I brought her to England a couple of times. She presented me with a daughter, Christine in December 1965 and they both visited my family here in England. The plan was that I would settle in Germany when I was demobbed. I was demobbed in Germany and I turned my part time job into full time but then the Army stepped in and informed me that I had to serve three years reserves in UK. I had to pack in all the plans and return to UK. Helga then had cold feet and was very reluctant to transfer to England with me even if it was for only three years.
During those years, without going into details, we lost contact. Both Gwen and I with help from our German friends in Bielefeld tried without success to relocate the. This was not helped by Helga changing her name when she got married.
So, November this year happened.
· 3rd November surprise 80th Birthday Party
· 4th November an unexpected message from a German Police Lady
· 14th November spent in Portishead meeting the German Police Lady.
The Police Lady, Ilka Sophie, turned out to be my 26-year-old Granddaughter, Christine’s daughter. This then caused my trip to Luneburg where Ilka lives with her Mother and Father. The two days in Luneburg were for me to meet my Daughter and her husband, Volker. I was also able to meet Helga, her Husband Siegfried, her brother Udo and his wife Rosiemarie.
I had not seen any of them since 1967.
The weekend was not a wasted effort, the adventure continues. Plans are already afoot for Christine to visit us here in UK.
The first two photos are of Ilka and Ilka in Avon & Somerset’s Police Helicopter.
The third is Helga and Christine celebrating Christmas.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20191105-WA0014[1].jpg
Views:	218
Size:	108.2 KB
ID:	22637   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20191117-WA0020[1].jpg
Views:	219
Size:	174.6 KB
ID:	22638   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20191225-WA0013[1].jpg
Views:	215
Size:	159.3 KB
ID:	22639  

2014 A8L D4 4.0TFSI Gold (Sticker says "Beige") Can't leave you in a black smoke cloud anymore..
In progress, Nothing left to do.

Gone 2004 A8 D3 3.0 TDI. Ebony Pearl Black (with little bits of other colours and glitter)