View Single Post
Old 2nd November 2018, 01:02 PM

I realize I have asked a question similar to this before but has anyone done any research as to if the complex double lined section of pipework is used on another vehicle? I am making an assumption here but as this complex section has a fitting on the end it may be that this is a standard manufactured section of the steering hose and is simply connected to other bits of hydraulic hose to make it specific to a particular vehicle. That would be the most cost effective way of manufacturing these double lined hoses, make them all the same and then add the simpler, cheaper hoses to fit individual vehicles.

It may be, and I am being really optimistic here, that we simply need to identify another vehicle with this section fitted and maybe Audi still have some stock. We could then un-bolt and discard the section that isn't suitable for our cars. The other 3/4 simpler parts of our pipes, we could get made up.

It may even be that this pipe for other vehicles is not as expensive as for ours.

I will give it a week or two to see if Cont Tec gets back to me. Meanwhile i'll trawl the net for VWAG power steering pipe images, see if I can find anything that has the same complex section fitted somewhere in its construction.