View Single Post
Old 12th July 2013, 09:33 PM

Adrian,

I might be wrong, but I think on D2 there is no separate convenience module. I think all windows and lights are controlled from central locking module in the boot, which is integrated with central locking pump.

>> Today all the indicator lights inside and outside the car lit up and
>> indicators/hazard switch were unresponsive, which has me worried.

Why you're so sure you've got blocked air-con condensate drain?

I think this may well be 'Botang's hole'. If Botang's hole is leaking water will drip directly on relay cluster under your passenger glove box. Those relays are positioned a bit 'upside down' so that water will drip on the back side of them, which means it will get right inside relays as relay housing won't work as umbrella in this situation.

You indicator relay is one of relays in that cluster and it is responsible for both hazard signals and indicators.

It is very easy to check that relay and you don't need any instruments. Just get on your knees and search for signs of relay cluster under the glove box. You will see 4-5 relays awkwardly accessible with your bare hand under glove box near passender footrest area. Remove relays one by one and open their housing with a knife or similar thing to check presence of water ingress. Relay can look good from outside, but can be full of water when you open it, hence weird effects with turn signals (they usually just switch off). Drying relay with hotel hair drier will tide you over.

ABS relay is another important relay in that cluster. Be prepared for ABS surprises if your botand hole leaks.