View Single Post
Old 27th January 2013, 09:37 PM

You can drive it to help you make up your mind though. I don't think I will ever give this up. I've never owned a car so perfect. As much as I loved the D2, I wanted it to be a little faster and torquier, I liked the C5 but all it did well was go fast in a straight line, and this does that even better, and everything else I want it to, I liked all my Beemer's but putting the power down in the rain could be a bit frustrating at times, this has absolutely no flaws, not even a single one. Well, actually, I've just read the engine needs to be removed to do the spark plugs which are due, but we won't talk about that whilst I'm in the 'honeymoon period'.

Today, I've mostly been out driving it, fuelling it, driving it and then fuelling it some more so I can finally report on the handling. With the DRC in Sport mode, it is epic. The car remains so flat, the steering is really direct and un Audi like, and with the 60/40 biased quattro system the back end even slipped out a little. I've not driven an Audi like it and I'm genuinely really really surprised. I really cannot see myself even thinking about an M5 with handling as satisfying as this. The C5 as much as it gripped, felt clumsy and totally disconnected in feel.

2009 Audi RS 6 Saloon V10 - 420mm Ceramics, Keyless, Soft Close, Adaptive Cruise, Glass Sunroof, Blinds, Twin Pane & UV, Freeview & DAB, High Beam Assist, MTM bits, Audi Exclusive Bits, MRC, Milltek, GYEF1 ASY2's, Bluetooth streaming music to AMI mod - 753 PS/1021 NM
2016 Audi S3 Saloon, Sepang, S-Tronic - B&O, Tech Pack etc... Company Car
1995 Audi A8 4.2 V8 quattro Sport - Bose, Solar, Blinds