View Single Post
Old 14th January 2018, 10:33 PM

Default help wanted with power drain

Hi guys

A while back when I got my S8 I took it to be washed. After this I saw that I had water in the trunk, where the radio, nav and soundsystem is located.
I had a new(used) radio installed as this failed.
Ever since this I´ve had power drain.
I´ve had a new battery fitted both by audi and again 6 months later, by another shop as I didnt know why the power got drained.
I found out its because the car never goes to sleep, when I lock the car.
The only way to make it sleep, is if I pull one of the fuses for either the Nav unit, the radio or the soundsystem.
I had the local Audi dealer do a test and they suspect the control head ( Interface box) to be faulty. However they wouldnt guarantee it. If they were to fix this it would set me back around £1300. I´d rather not do this as they wouldnt guarantee anything.
What I find odd, is that they started fault finding behind the glove compartment where the interface box is located, and not where my issue started.
I´ve tried to disconnect the Nav unit and put in a loop on the MOST and when this is in place, the car goes to sleep.
That made me think that maybe it was the nav unit, that was the culprit, however, after replacing this unit, the car still wont go to sleep.
I have bought a second hand interface box, but havent gotten around to installing it yet.

What would you guys suggest that I do, to get rid of this error?

Last edited by ChiefUno; 16th January 2018 at 10:01 PM.