Thread: Anti roll bar
View Single Post
Old 17th October 2017, 09:56 PM

Default Bonded

Ive just changed my ARB before winter starts as the creaking last year was very annoying. The bushes are bonded to bar, so the whole thing is needed to solve the noise. The bushes arent bonded to the brackets.

Ive seen reports of people changing bushes only but the noise comes back. Having said that it would be interesting to hear if self gluing works, but certainly on mine the bar was scored under the bush from bar movement, so didnt think glueing it would work.

FYI, I paid £160ish from TPS and dont forget you need to bolt in the ARB with the wheels in their normal running height to ovoid twisting the mounts far from their normal position leading to early failure.

I assume your engine code is t82, so your ARB should be 4e0411305ac (31*4.7) or if your VIN is after 4E-4-012 701 it will be 4e0411305ab (30.8*3.5)

2004 A8 3.0 TDI Sport Brilliant Black
Came with: Black Valcona/Alcantara Leather, KESSY, rear blind, flappy paddle gear change, Phone Prep, TV
Added:Bluetooth, AMI, Hybrid TV, Parking plus, Ski hatch, towbar, DAB, Umbrella Holder, Reversing camera, Auto lights, Wheel refurb
Things to fix: Turbo fault, power drain