View Single Post
Old 24th November 2016, 05:26 PM

Hope its not too cheeky to post this here...Car is now back up for sale. I purchased this from Adrian on behalf of my parents who were looking for an old school design spacious estate.

Sadly after after less than 8000 miles in 2.5 years it would appear the gearbox is on the way out. As my parents are both shortly to give up driving on health grounds and I have no interest in the car or space or inclination to fix/break it...it has to go.

During their ownership it was serviced at 72752 miles in Dec. 2015 at which time the cam belt was also done. Service indicator currently shows a service needed and the MOT runs out in March. Advisories on the last one were corroded anti-roll bar and tyre wear on near side rear. Current mileage is 75724.

The car drives very nicely 95-98% of the time but on first start...usually in the morning or when cold, reverse gear does not engage properly and the gear select panel on the dash goes red and the car into limp mode (?) Turn the ignition off and on and its fine. The indy who services the car plugged it in and say its a 1320.00 fix including parts and labour. I don't know if thats correct or even a fair price. The old man doesn't like faults and won't drive the car as is, so it has to go.

Any clue as to value or suggestions as to possible fix would be appreciated. The car is pretty much as it was when it left Adrian's ownership but with a few more miles, gearbox issue and maybe some old folk wheel curbing...D'oh !!