View Single Post
Old 2nd June 2020, 03:04 PM

Default D2 auto dimming rear view mirror

Found an auto dimming mirror, which I bought with the intention of fitting at the same time as a solar sunroof, sitting in a box.

Part number is 4D2857511B EC3 so it's the platinum finish.

It's a little grubby, but I've given the glass a quick clean with a damp tissue and the glass itself is clear and in good order.

There are storage marks on the back of the mirror and some of the plastic is showing a little degredation, as is typical for the plastic trim in a D2.

I suspect it might be possible to strip the front off to re-use the glass or just to mess about with as a project. Guess is depends how closely you examine the mirror you have now as to whether it's a better condition unit than you might have now?!

Happy to take further pictures if anyone's interested. It will be posted well packaged in bubble wrap etc in a box.

£20 plus postage at cost
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030843.jpg
Views:	561
Size:	494.5 KB
ID:	23422   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030844.jpg
Views:	441
Size:	431.7 KB
ID:	23423   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1030845.jpg
Views:	602
Size:	442.6 KB
ID:	23424  

2011 S5 Sportback in Phantom Black with black Super Sports leather, 9x20s, tech pack high, adaptive xenon plus, intelligent key, memory seats pack, sunroof, B&O, Audi Drive Select & quattro Sports Diff, DAB, parking system plus

2015 VW Golf GTI Performance Pack in Carbon Grey with black Vienna leather, tech pack (Discovery Pro nav & Dynaudio), DCC, factory towbar and retrofit RVC