View Single Post
Old 23rd January 2021, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David's8 View Post
I have finally got in touch with someone at Pilkington Classics (despite 2 contact emails though their website and 3 phonecalls with promises of call-backs - Do these companies WANT to do business? )

A very pleasant lady called Emma from the Classics department said that, as it would be a made to order (MTO) model, they would require a template - preferably a donated windscreen. It would involve design and tooling-up at around £5000 one off cost plus the cost of glass per screen at approx £150 - 200 per unit. They can do the heating film plus other coatings in the laminated sandwich plus, so i gather, other logos/Del and Rodney. All plus VAT and they would require a minimum order of 5 or maybe more. So, if there were 5 persons a cost of approx £1500 - 2000 would be a likely cost per screen. Thats a lot of screen de-icer cans!

I have contacted St Gobain in UK just to see if they have any loafing on a shelf somewhere but have met with a complete lack of response
That is a lot of money for a screen, but then don't know what I was expecting I guess it's good to know option is there if enough people loose their minds.