View Single Post
Old 27th April 2020, 02:53 PM

I currently have an ABS/ESP/Parking brake issue which arose from a dead battery whilst I was away however it was charged and driven, no problem. It sat for another week and was still fine, drove with no issues. The next day I went to move it and all the lights illuminated. VCDS shows a control module defect and speed sensor for the N/S/R but on inspection I don't think there is a rear left sensor, only front left and rear right, unless I'm going blind lol.

Having done some reading, the ABS can throw false speed sensor faults so I'm putting it down to the ABS module or wiring. I too haven't yet checked the wiring but some online reading suggests the wiring can be the issue so needs to be stripped back into the wing and inspected. Yours doesn't seem as bad as mine as you still have the parking brake, mine errors due to the ABS and doesn't work.

Definitely check the wiring first. Unfortunately it could well be your ABS ring/hub that is causing the issue. I think the bearing can also cause the issue but don't quote me on that
2008 (facelift) S8 with B&O, ACC, glass sunroof, reversing camera, front and rear heated seats, ceramic brakes, homelink, electric side and rear blinds, ski load through, heated fan washer jets, remote boot closing, de-flapped manifold, fridge, umbrella holder